The six-game Stanley Cup conference semi-final series between the Minnesota Wild and the defending champion Chicago Blackhawks was really exciting, no matter how disappointed fans in Minnesota were at the outcome (the Blackhawks won the series, 4 games to 2).
As a longtime student and te.... More »
I have been living in Alexandria, Va for the past two years. I quickly recognized that many national and regional associations representing groups of professionals or an industry are headquartered here. A sampling of my favorites include:
There must be dozens more associations like this here in.... More »
A study on Harvard MBA grads revealed that 3% of the grads made ten times as much as the other 97% combined. Wow! The difference was they had clear, written goals and plans to accomplish them. I wish someone had taught me this as a kid. I didn’t learn how to consistently practice goal s.... More »
Building Proper Striking Muscle Memory in Youth Sports When it comes to the game of soccer, children in youth sports will automatically get out on the field and kick the ball in a way that feels natural to them. Unfortunately, this kicking technique is ineffective and could cause potential injury, e.... More »
It’s been way too long since the last Shoutout post on the B/R Blog. That means the pieces that our Quality Editing team have recommended for recognition have stacked up, so in the interest of this post not stretching to 5,000 words, I’m mostly just going to list them. Spend your time re.... More »
You have to know your audience if you want to speak intelligently to them. That’s why reports like The Personal News Cycle: How Americans choose to get their news by the American Press Institute’s Media Insight Project can be so fascinating.
The report, released this week, is based on a “nationally representative telephone survey of 1,492 adults conducted from January 9 through February 16…
Are you ready for March Madness? I hope so because it’s here! Basketball heads are being a little less productive at work today as they try to catch some of the games. Some of you may have taken a March Madness day, and worked from home, or just stayed home period.
It is a fun and crazy time of year…
Tony Dungy was a professional football player, a professional football coach, and now a professional TV analyst. But there is one area in which he might be even more proud of being a pro. That is adoption. Tony and his wife Lauren have adopted six children, and it seems that each time was just as special as the first time…
There have been many firsts for me as a dad. The first time we found out we were going to have a baby. The first time the doctor said, “It’s a boy!” And the first time we dropped our daughter off at kindergarten (almost all three of us were in tears!).
Even with multiple children, it is still important to appreciate the first time each child experiences something new…